The Absolute Happiness approach considers mental wellness to be a cornerstone of happiness that is absolute- happiness that is constant regardless of positive or negative influences. This is a happiness rooted in personal mission and confidence in yourself to accomplish that mission.
Evening and Weekend Appointments are Available!
Andrea Tolbert, LCSW is a practitioner of:
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy (EMDR) & Prolonged Exposure (PE) evidence-based treatments for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
• Seeking Safety an evidence-based practice for the treatment of trauma and substance misuse
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) an evidence-based therapy for insomnia
Andrea Tolbert, LCSW, MBA, MSW, MHRT/CSP of Absolute Happiness Psychotherapy and Consultation, PLLC offers mental health counseling with individuals, couples, families with older teens, and groups in an outpatient setting located at 75 Bishop Street in Portland, Maine. Andrea’s clinical specialties are trauma, substance misuse, women, and military veterans/service members and their families. Andrea has received training on Veterans' reintegration issues, has clinical experience working with veterans in the VA, and is a veteran herself, having honorably served in the US Army for 4+ years, including deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq.
Andrea facilitates the following therapy groups:
• Seeking Safety for Women
• Substance Use Recovery-Mixed Gender
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
• DBT Stage II, III, IV
***Please note, the building is not wheelchair accessible as there are 7 steps to enter the building.